Sunday, November 20, 2005

Newly-pampered (old) love



Strawberry Shortcake

Oh dear! Guess what I've discovered today? I was definitely gratified by my finding which allowed me to re-experience the sweet memories of my childhood!

In this afternoon, I pampered myself by surfing the Internet without purposes, and surprisingly found the little character which was printed on the wallpaper of my bedroom in Tsing Lung Tau (青龍頭)!

At first, I clicked on the text link "Strawberry Shortcake"(SS) and supposed to have sort of recipes...but I was wrong! A familiar cartoon character appeared and recalled my memory! I could recognized SS's friends such as Blueberry Muffin, Huckleberry Pie and Apple Dumpling!

The wallpaper was chosen by my mother specially for me when we moved to Tsing Lung Tau (I was just primary 2). She knew that I was fond of strawberries and the wallpaper really appealed to me enourmously! The fascinating scenery of strawberry house, strawberry ice-cream hill and strawberry farmland made me feel as if I were inside the wallpaper...

I didn't know that it's a famous cartoon character in US all along until today...After studying its history, I realize that a modern-look series of SS were relaunched in 2002...(click the reference link below) but I love the vintage version more! That is more girlish and cute, isn't it?

I am really in love with all these fruit dessert-theme vintage characters! Winnie the Pooh's status is being threatened, haha...!


My full-of-strawberries wallpaper:


Reference:
> SS's friends
> New official site of SS
> All about Strawberry Shortcake
> What is Shortcake?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home