Monday, June 05, 2006

The Global Day of Prayer



Today is the Global Day of Prayer(全球禱告日) and I'm delighted to be one of the participants and witnesses in such glorious moment. I went there with Gloria and Raymond, whom I made acquaintance of at the volutary mural painting activity. We noticed that we are christians (including Joe) after saying our prayers together coincidentally before our lunch at PWH's canteen. How great it is! Joe promised to treat us a meal as he couldn't come, haha....

I expected the movement to be boring but I was wrong! I were wholely dedicated in this 4 hours of worship and praying. For every second we sang, we danced and we prayed, I could feel the mercy of God which bonds us together even though we did't know the ones sitting next to us.
What's more, we sat in the zone of Gloria's church --- The Vine, an international church with vivid and young christians from different parts of the world, namely British, Korean, Indonesian, Australian....etc. Wow, their strong sense of involvement made me feel energetic, too!
It was said that over 200 million Christians in 220 countries were joining this movement! In Hong Kong, here, we especially prayed for the world, our government, the churches, global and current issues, reconciliation, and even for every single male and female! I am gratifying to see that even we are in a cohort of people with different nationalities, we are in ONE Lord only!

I hope God would smile not only in this 4 hours, but forever...
May Lord helps us to defeat our weaknesses, blesses us and this land. Amen.

4 Comments:

At 6/05/2006 9:09 PM, Blogger Zenla_can said...

hey hoiman, u ve mentioned that u participated in sth like painting in hospital and PWH canteen... are u talking about the painting in PWH's wall renovation recently??

 
At 6/06/2006 3:59 PM, Blogger Hoiman said...

Yes Candy! That's the approximately 110m long wall near the entrance! You must pass by it everyday I guess. I just participated for 2 days only (just a small part of painting :P) We, 4 girls, spent a whole day to paint the whole blue sky! In fact I don't know how it looks like now, has it been finished? Please take a photo and share with me, hehe

 
At 6/07/2006 12:21 AM, Blogger Zenla_can said...

oo! really!! that painting is excellent... ive seen some girls painting there occasionally before...i will take a photo of that later!! (hey u called me when u come ma... can have a meal together...:>)

 
At 6/08/2006 12:47 AM, Blogger Hoiman said...

Hhaha...I forgot you worked in PWH...(couldn't associate it when I was there) The activity was just held for about 6-8 days(just sat and sun) as I know, so the time was quite limited for satisfactory result...but I think the fusion of style of painting was really fun :) Tell me when you have taken photos of it via MSN, I will share them with my friends too, thanks dear!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home